Sunday, September 28, 2014

Shake It Off

We have been keeping ourselves super busy! Between gym, work, watching Ava and taking care of stuff around the place I barely have time to do anything!

In preparation for sister, we got Ava a baby doll. She LOVES it! She has to sleep with her doll every night or she can't go to bed. Ava likes to go up to my tummy and say "sis" well when she first saw the baby doll she got super excited and said SISTER! We have since convinced her that it's a baby doll and not sister. There are times when she gets confused and will call her sister though. She has now also started kissing my tummy after I ask her if she loves Sister. I'll take that as a yes!

Ava's favorite song right now is.... Shake it Off by Taylor Swift. She always wants to listen to it and it has to be the music video. She loves dancing and when she wants it played she'll go to a computer and goes "Song." I love Taylor Swift but I don't know how much more I can take of that song. We literally listen to it like 25 times a day. As I am writing we are listening to this song. Not even kidding that it's her favorite.

Ava also knows that at night, after she listens to "Let It Go" on Frozen or "Be Our Guest" on Beauty and the Beast that it's time for bed and if Mom is trying to clean up or do something she will pull at my shirt and say "sit, sit" because we have to cuddle while watching. Sometimes I feel like I should be cleaning or doing something else(especially since I've seen it so many times) but I remind myself that in a few months everything is going to change and Ava's world is going to be completely different so I sit with her and don't feel guilty. One bad thing about naptime though is she learned how to open her bedroom door so when she doesn't want to take a nap she'll open the door and be like "HI!"it's kinda cute sometimes.

Ava's favorite thing to do is to give knuckles. Especially to Nana and Dadpa. Dadpa is what she calls my dad instead of Grandpa. Dadpa does a radio show on ustream Thursdays so she can see him and she kept trying to give him knuckles even though he couldn't see her. So I texted them to let them know and Dadpa gave knuckles back she was so happy and she had the biggest smile on her face. We went shopping the other weekend and I put her in front of a mirror while Dad was looking at work pants. Well she started playing knuckles with herself. Also entertained herself for about 10 minutes doing this!

I have been NEEDING chocolate(I always have to clarify not a want but a need with Spencer) so we got chocolate ice cream the other day! Ava hasn't really had ice cream a lot maybe once from Sonic when my parents were in town, since she couldn't eat dairy until a few months ago. But while we were eating ours we gave Ava some and she loved it. No surprise! I fought with her to eat dinner and since she reluctantly did I gave her some and I had no problem getting her to eat that. In fact she kept asking for more.

I had a Dr's appointment on Thursday and they measure your stomach to see how big the baby is growing. The first thing Ava does when we got home was found a measuring tape and put it up to her stomach. It was super cute!

She is also independent and wants to do things just like mommy. She takes my shoes, make up, jewelry and phone. She also has to do what I do and at Kroger we found a shopping cart Ava's size and she did a pretty good job pushing it and not running into people. I was impressed. And everyone who saw her though she was the cutest(can't really blame them there!)

I was also finally able to complete a project that I've been wanting to do since we brought Ava home. I made a shadow box from her hospital stay. I pretty much finished it just in time to make another one and it only took me about 2 years! But I am pretty please with it! It has her coming home outfit, the wrist bands and a few other stuff.

Last weekend my friends also threw me a diaper shower since we have pretty much everything we need for sister. It looked so cute and I had a fun time! It was funny because the night before I was craving chocolate and queso and they had a cheese, chocolate and pizza fondue set up. It was so yummy and perfect!! I also won a game which like never happens! It was so nice to get together with friends and not have to worry about Ava! A big thank you to Cherisse, Danika, and Laura!


And lastly:
We email my little sister, brother and brother in law each week and I send pictures of mostly Ava to them. Well my little sister requested a picture of sister(me) too so here is me with sister at (almost) 34 weeks.

And Ava wanted to be in the picture too. That is her I just woke up hair so ignore that!
Only a month and a half left! Hopefully not longer. Sister actually can't come late because then Spencer won't be able to be there since he has the last part of boards the weekend she's due! 

1 comment:

  1. Ava it's such a cutie! Also, your pregnancy pictures are beautiful! The coral and black look very classy together!

    ReplyDelete